V-32 Vortex Mixer
The Grant bio V-32 is a versatile multi vortex mixer for vigorous re-suspension of cells or chemical pellets in tubes up to 1.5 ml, with the facility to mix individual tubes up to 15 ml.
- Adjustable speed control: 500 to 3000 rpm
- ‘Continuous’ or ‘impulse’ operation
- Handles up to 32 tubes in three different sizes/combinations
- Additional VP-1 flat head for single tube mixing supplied with unit
- Compact rugged design plus powerful motor delivering consistent performance and quiet operation – fits neatly and unobtrusively into the workspace
- Rubber suction pads hold tight to the work surface and prevent the unit from ‘walking’ – they also absorb vibration and prevent its transmission to the workbench
- Extremely easy to operate – select either ‘continuous’ or ‘touch’ operation and turn the knob to adjust the speed from 500 rpm to 3000 rpm
- The 32-socket universal platform for three tubes sizes (16 x 1.5ml, 8 x 0.5 ml, 8 x 0.2ml) and a tip for mixing individual tubes up to 15ml provide maximum flexibility for different applications.
- Operating temperature range: + 4°C to 40°C
Typical applications include intensive stirring of bacterial and yeast cells, extraction of metabolites and enzymes from cells and cell cultures, and various DNA operations such as deproteinisation of DNA/protein complexes and purification of low molecular weight DNA/RNA fragments in PCR diagnostics.
|Dimensions (h x d x w)||100 x 180 x 120mm|
|Ambient temperature range||+4 to 40ºC|
|Speed||500 to 3000rpm|
|Capacity||16 x 1.5, 8 x 0.5 and 8 x 0.2ml tube|
|Maximum tube diameter||15mm|
|External power supply||Input AC 120-230V, 50/60Hz Output DC 12V|
|Power consumption||3.8W (0.32A)|
|Input voltage||12V dc|
V-32 – Plaforms
• = standard
|PV6-10||6-socket platform for 10ml tubes (maximum tube diameter 15mm)|
|PV-32||Replacement platform (16 x 1.5ml,8 x 0.5ml and 8 x 0.2ml)|