CRF-1 Liquid nitrogen and cryogen free controlled freezer
Liquid nitrogen free and cryogen free controlled rate freezer for research into the cryopreservation of a wide range of material including: embryos, stem cells, mammalian cells, spermatozoa, antibodies, tissue sections and rodent organs. The CRF-1 brings accuracy, precision and reproducibility to biological cryopreservation.
Unlike conventional liquid nitrogen based controlled rate cooling equipment, the CRF-1 poses no contamination risk and can be used in cleanrooms and barrier facilities. The CRF1 fits neatly and quietly on a bench-top and its performance in terms of cell viability after freezing is comparable or better than standard liquid nitrogen freezers. As alcohol is not used, there is also no potential fire risk. The CRF-1 will cool down to -100˚C with straws.
The cooling rate of the CRF-1 is precisely controlled, ensuring accuracy and reproducibility throughout the freezing profile, especially for the important nucleation/seeding phase. This ensures optimal recovery of cells upon thawing. Operation is simple and can be carried out with or without a PC; data can be logged via PC software and cooling profiles are directly displayed. Different cooling profiles are available from a drop down menu and customised profiles can be written.
- Accurate and reproducible control of cooling rates and sample temperatures
- Easy to use and samples can be nucleated/seeded in-situ
- Linear and non-linear cooling profiles
- Low running costs: estimated at 1% of liquid nitrogen controlled rate freezing
- Temperature remains at -100˚C at the end of cycle for straw applications until freezer is switched off
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS): complete cycle run if power fails (supplied as an optional accessory)
- CE marked (laboratory use)
- Servicing and calibration available
- 3 year warranty
CRF-1 H00 Plate for 16 x 0.5ml CBS high security straws
CRF-1 H01 Plate for 18 x 0.3ml IMV straws
CRF-1 H02 Plate for 55 x 1.8ml cryovials (0.5ml max fill)
CRF-1 H03 Flat plate for various items/vessels
CRF-1 H05 Plate for 1 x SBS microplate
CRF-1 H06 Plate for 55 x 1.8ml cryovials (1.0ml max fill)
CRF-1 H07 Plate for 10 x 0.5ml CBS high security straws & 12 x 1.8ml cryovials (0.5ml max fill)
CRF-1 H08 Plate for 12 x 0.3ml IMV straws & 12 x 1.8ml cryovials (0.5ml max fill)
- Overall Size: W 36.9cm, D 26.6cm, H 45.3cm (inc. lid)
- Weight: 9.8kg
- Power requirements: 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz, 2.5A max
- Operating temperature (environment): 20°C to 30°C
- A number of fixed plates available (standard straws, high security straws, cryovials, cryocyte bags & microplates)
- Freezer can be run as a stand alone pre-programmed unit or connected to a control PC (computer with serial port and control software and Windows)
- Software allowing configuration of existing profiles, creation of new customer profiles, data logging and reporting. All data is logged in an encrypted and Excel readable form.
- Standard, pre-set cooling profiles available
- Backup electrical supply: 750VA UPS capable of running freezer for 3 hour cycle in the case of an electrical power failure
- Cleaning: Seamless, no dirt traps, may be cleaned using standard wipes
Use an alternative browser to access PDFs for view and download.
CRF-1 Controlled Rate Freezer Optional Accessories & Services
|CAL CRF-1||Calibration certificate|
|CRF-1 MAINT 1||1 year maintenance agreement includes clean and test report (excludes repair & replacement of faulty parts)|
|IQOQ CRF-1||IQOQ Booklet for CRF-1|
|PQ CRF-1||PQ Booklet for CRF-1|
|CRF-1 CRYOPEN||Cryopen nucleating tool|
|CRF-1 CARTRIDGE||Replacement cartridge for Cryopen|
|CRF-1 UPS||Un-interruptible Power Supply for the CRF-1 for a 3 hour cycle in the event of an electrical power failure. 220-240v operation.|