QB Series Dry Block Heating Systems
Designed for flexibility and efficiency the block heaters come with a choice of standard and custom blocks. The versatile dry block heater series are ideal for general sample heating, research or chemistry applications.
A versatile general purpose system with two removable/interchangeable blocks and a comprehensive specification to suit most dry block heating applications in the laboratory.
- Temperature range ambient +5ºC to 130ºC, with rapid heat-up time
- Stability: ±0.1ºC
- Uniformity: ±0.1ºC
- Digital temperature control for optimal precision
- Range of convenient features including alarms, single and dual point calibration, programmed start/stop, 'offset' for known sample temperature variation and choice of external or internal probes
- External probe available for accurate in-sample or in-block temperature control
- Includes block removal tool for easy and safe removal of blocks.
A source of precision temperature control for general, routing applications and sensitive analytical procedures including enzyme digestions, enzyme activity studies and nucleid acid hybridisations.
* Offer valid on new orders only. UK Only. Offer can be claimed through an official quotation only. Offer cannot be claimed in conjunction with any other promotion. Standard delivery terms and conditions apply. Offer only available on products stated in the promotion. For further information, contact Grant Instruments or your regional sales manager.
- High power heater for fast heat-up - 25ºC to 100ºC in only 15 minutes.
- Simple-to-use rotor plus two keys provide access to the interactive interface for fast, accurate set-up and use
- Clear digital display - easy to read from a distance for instant reassurance
- Convenient timer facility, with audible buzzer, for reaction timing and function timing, e.g. delayed heater switch-on/turn-off
- Wide range of interchangeable blocks enables you to mix and match sample tubes as desired - extraction tool supplied as standard for easy and safe removal of blocks.
- Optional safety cover - protects samples from contamination and users from accidental contact with hot blocks
- Overtemperature cut-out protects your samples and your workplace
- High quality, robust construction in streamlined coolwall aluminium and chemical-resistant plastic - durable in demanding environments
- Compact footprint to optimise use of benchspace
- Options include blocks for 0.2 ml tubes, strips and 96-well microtitre plates used in molecular biology and biotechnology applications (QBD2 & QBH2 only)
- Three programmable temperature/time segments plus end-of program segments (QBH2 only)
|Dimensions (h x d x w)||120 x 240 x 200mm||120 x 285 x 200mm||120 x 390 x 200mm||120 x 295 x 200mm|
|Temperature range @37°C||Ambient +5 to 130°C||Ambient +5 to 130°C||Ambient +5 to 130°C||Ambient +5 to 200°C|
|Uniformity within the block @37°C||0.1±ºC||0.1±ºC||0.1±ºC||0.1±ºC|
|Uniformity across similar blocks @37°C||0.2±ºC||0.2±ºC||0.2±ºC||0.2±ºC|
|Heat up time 25ºC to 100ºC||20 minutes||20 minutes||20 minutes||15 minutes|
|Three programmable temperature/ time segments plus end-of-program segments||-||-||-||•|
|Reaction timer, with audible buzzer||1 to 999 minutes||1 to 999 minutes||1 to 999 minutes||1 to 999 minutes|
|Function timer for delay of heater start-up/switch-off||Up to 72 hours||Up to 72 hours||Up to 72 hours||Up to 72 hours|
|Two-point calibration of internal and external probes||•||•||•||•|
|High/low temperature alarms, settable to within 0.5ºC of set temperature||•||•||•||•|
|Fault indication display||•||•||•||•|
|Extraction tool for easy and safe block removal||•||•||•||•|
|Safety||Thermal fuse||Thermal fuse||Thermal fuse||Thermal fuse|
|Heater power - 230V||150W||300W||600W||300W|
|Heater power - 120V||100W||200W||400W||200W|
|Supply voltage||120 or 230V||120 or 230V||120 or 230V||120 or 230V|
Dry Block Heaters – Interchangeable blocks
Extraction tool supplied as standard
|QB-0||Plain block without holes|
|QB-10||For 24 x ø 10mm test tubes, 50mm hole depth|
|QB-12||For 24 x ø12mm test tubes, 50mm hole depth|
|QB-13||For 12 x ø13mm test tubes, 50mm hole depth|
|QB-16||For 12 x ø16mm test tubes, 50mm hole depth|
|QB-17H||For 10 x Falcon tubes tall 17mm ø test tubes, 75mm hole depth|
|QB-18||For 12 x ø18mm test tubes, 50mm hole depth|
|QB-24||For 5 x ø24mm test tubes and universal bottles, 50mm hole depth|
|QB-50||For 4 x 50ml centrifuge test tubes, glass universals, 50mm hole depth ø29mm|
|QB-H||For 56 x 0.2ml microtube, 14mm hole depth, ø6.5mm|
|QB-E0||For 24 x 0.5ml microtube, 30mm hole depth, ø8mm|
|QB-E1||For 24 x 1.5ml microtube, 35mm hole depth, ø10.8mm|
|QB-E2||For 24 x 2.0ml microtube, 35mm hole depth, ø11mm|
Custom blocks available - please email email@example.com for further information
External Temperature Probes
|QBEP||Standard probe for in-sample or in-block temperature control; encased in stainless steel sheath, ø3mm x 30mm long, with 350mm of cable.|
|QBEP-WM||Short-form probe for in-sample or in-block temperature control; encased in stainless steel sheath, ø3mm x 14mm long, with 350mm of cable.|
For molecular biology and biotechnology applications
|QDP-H||96 holes in microplate configuration for 0.2ml microplates, strips or individual tubes. Uniformity ± 0.3ºC within tubes across the block; 6.2mm ø holes, 14mm hole depth.|
|QDP-FL||Universal block for standard 96-well plates (u-well, v-well, flat bottom, high temperature). Uniformity ± 0.50ºC between wells; supplied with hinged, double layer lid to create an insulated incubation chamber.|
Double-size blocks 140 x 100 x 75mm supplied with additional extraction tool
Made from tough clear acrylic for maximum visibility whilst preventing accidental touching of a hot block or contamination of samples from splashes.
|QBL2||For QBD2 and QBH2|
Clearance height 85cm. Not required with QDP-FL Microtiter blocks.