PCH Series Personal Benchtop Cooler / Heater
The Grant bio PCH-1/PCH-2/PCH-3 personal benchtop cooler/heaters are ideal for laboratory applications requiring cooling and heating in microtubes within the temperature setting range of – 10°C to +100°C. The PCH cooler/heaters enable a stable temperature to be maintained during room temperature fluctuations.
The ingenious block construction, combined with a powerful Peltier module, produces very rapid cooling and heating for swift change of application and increased flexibility. In addition, the Peltier effect produces efficient cooling and heating for small thermal loads without the use of a refrigeration system. The dry temperature control system maintains a clean working environment, reducing the chance of contamination or sample dilution. A Peltier system, without the vibration of refrigeration or the turbulence of a waterbath, is also ideal for all incubations where stable conditions are critical.
The PCH is a very effective tool for DNA sample preparation for denaturing electrophoresis. The exceptionally rapid heat up enables the denaturation temperature of 95°C to be reached swiftly, the timer will signify denaturation time-up, and the samples can be rapidly cooled again ready to load the gels.
- Cooling/heating setting range from - 10ºC to 100°C, with very rapid cool down and heat-up times
- Stability ± 0.1°C, uniformity ±0.25°C at 37°C
- Choice of two models; capacity for up to 32 microtubes in a combination of two sizes:12 x 1.5 ml plus 20 x 0.5 ml (PCH-1) or up to 20 microtubes of one size: 20 x 1.5 ml tubes (PCH-2), up to a total of 20 x 2 ml microtubes (PCH-3)
- Convenient integral reaction timer with audible alarm
- Dry temperature control system maintains a clean and vibration-free working environment
- A 2-line LCD display clearly indicates both set and actual values for temperature and time. Works in combination with simple push buttons for easy set-up.
- Flexible tube sizes and rapid heat-up/cool-down times enables swift change of application
Life science - storing frozen restriction enzymes, nick translations, ligation reactions, restriction digests, protein solubilisation for PAGE, warm incubation of microcentrifuge tubes for hybridisation, enzyme reactions and deactivations.
Clinical - cooling blood samples prior to coagulation testing.
|Dimensions (h x d x w)||165 x 260 x 240mm||165 x 260 x 240mm||165 x 260 x 240mm|
|Temperature range||-10 to 100°C||-10 to 100°C||-10 to 100°C|
|Temperature control range||Ambient -30 to 100°C||Ambient -30 to 100°C||Ambient -30 to 100°C|
|Block Dimensions||100 x 110mm||100 x 110mm||100 x 110mm|
|Heat up time - 25ºC to 37ºC ºC/min||3 ºC/min||3 ºC/min||3 ºC/min|
|25ºC to 100ºC ºC/min||16 ºC/min||16 ºC/min||16 ºC/min|
|Cool down time 100ºC to -10ºC ºC/min||28 ºC/min||28 ºC/min||28 ºC/min|
|25ºC to -10ºC ºC/min||21 ºC/min||21 ºC/min||21 ºC/min|
|Capacity||12 x 1.5 plus 20 x 0.5ml||20 x 1.5ml||20 x 2.0ml|
|Display||2 line x 16 character LCD||2 line x 16 character LCD||2 line x 16 character LCD|
|Timer||1 minute to 96 hours/non-stop||1 minute to 96 hours/non-stop||1 minute to 96 hours/non-stop|
|External power supply||Input AC 120-230V, 50/60Hz Output DC 12V||Input AC 120-230V, 50/60Hz Output DC 12V||Input AC 120-230V, 50/60Hz Output DC 12V|
|Power consumption - 230V||55W (4.4A)||55W (4.4A)||55W (4.4A)|
|Power consumption - 120V|
|Input voltage||12V dc||12V dc||12V dc|
External Temperature Probes
|QBEP||Standard probe for in-sample or in-block temperature control; encased in stainless steel sheath, ø3mm x 30mm long, with 350mm of cable.|
|QBEP-WM||Short-form probe for in-sample or in-block temperature control; encased in stainless steel sheath, ø3mm x 14mm long, with 350mm of cable.|