dataTaker® DT8x Series Data Loggers
The dataTaker® DT8x series are intelligent data loggers that provides an extensive array of features allowing them to be used across a wide variety of applications.
The DT8x is a robust, stand alone, low power data logger featuring USB memory stick support, 18 bit resolution, extensive communications capabilities and built-in display. The dataTaker® DT80’s Dual Channel concept allows up to 10 isolated or 15 common referenced analog inputs or for the DT85 32 isolated or 48 common referenced analog inputs to be used in many combinations.
With support for multiple SDI-12 sensor networks, Modbus for SCADA systems, FTP and Web interface, 12V regulated output to power sensors, the DT8x is ready to be installed into environmental, industrial and many other types of monitoring projects.
- DT82E 2-6 universal inputs
- DT82I 2-6 universal inputs
- DT80 5-15 universal inputs
- DT85 16-48 universal inputs
- Expandable Analogue channels using CEM20. DT80 up to 300 and DT85 up to 900
- USB memory for easy data and program transfer
- Flexible communications (USB, Ethernet and RS232)
- Various remote connection options eg dial up modem and gprs
- Standalone data logger with link to a PC
- Dual channel isolation technology
- User definable allocation of memory size and mode
- Expandable to 900 universal analogue channels (with CEM20’s attached to a DT85)
- 8 digital input/output channels
- 12 counter inputs (4 high speed) and 2 phase encoders
- Calculated measurements
- SDI-12 (multiple networks)
- 2 serial ‘smart sensor’ ports
- Modbus for SCADA connection
- Memory of approximately 10 million data points
- FTP for automatic data transfer
- Web Interface
Analogue inputs supported
- Bridge connections (Strain gauges/Load cells)
- Create complex schedules of logging rates, triggers and alarm outputs
- Scale and view readings in real time on the integral display or on a PC running dEX web interface or Excel
- Display readings in preferred engineering units e.g. Hz, Bar, Pascals, Nm etc.
- Select logging rates
- Derive calculated (virtual) channels from real input channels using mathematical functions
- Concurrently sample channels at different sample speeds
- USB, Ethernet and RS232 connectivity for quick and easy PC and remote communication and networking.
- Power supply – external DC power supply with internal rechargeable lead acid battery.
- Convenient 2 line x 16 character backlit LCD for easy access to readings and set-up information
- 4 digital input/output or low speed counter channels
- 4 digital input/output/low speed counter channels or SDI-12 connections for muiltiple networks
- 4 high speed counters or 2 phase encoders
- RS232/422/485 generic serial sensor port
- 5 to 15 universal analogue inputs for recording temperature, current, voltage and resistance
The channel capacity of the DT80 range of loggers can be increased by using the Channel Expansion Module (CEM20). Each CEM20 connects 20 universal data logging channels to the DT80 range of data loggers.
A CEM20 connects to one analogue channel of the data logger. This can expand the total channel capacity of the DT80 to 300 analogue inputs (common reference) and the DT85 to an incredible 900 analogue inputs (common reference). Incorporating the same dual isolation technology as the DT80 range data loggers each channel of the CEM20 can be used for two isolated inputs or three common reference inputs.
dEX Logger Software
dEX datalogger software is an intuitive graphical interface that allows you to configure your data logger, view real-time data in mimics, trend charts or tables and retrieve your historical data for analysis.
dEX comes pre-installed on every logger in the DT80 range. The software loads in your web browser so there is no need to install cumbersome applications on your computer. Being browser-based, dEX will work on all major operating systems including Windows, Mac and Linux.